Monday, April 13, 2009

At least that's over

I just finished my unemployment benefits hearing and it wasn’t at all what I expected.

My friend, who went through a similar situation, told me that the judge who decided the case spoke first to her employer, and then to her. After which, they mailed the decision to both parties in the mail.

That was not at all how it was for me.

Instead, it was more like a court hearing but over the telephone.

I can’t even begin to explain how uncomfortable it was to hear three of my old bosses say negative things about me and how I dress.

Though humiliating does come to mind.

When I found out I had to speak about the situation in front of my old boss, I did get extremely nervous but I think I made a few strong points and overall it was okay.

I don’t have any hard feelings towards any of my old bosses and it sounded like they didn’t either which was nice.

But maybe I’ll feel differently when I get the decision in the mail. :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a strange phone convo. Hoping for a good outcome for you. . .

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?