Monday, March 9, 2009

Road Trip to Creation Museum

I finally watched Bill Maher’s documentary Religulous the other night and I loved it, but now I have a major hard on to see the Creation Museum for myself.

I'm pretty sure I can talk at least a few of my friends to go on a road trip with me. Cause who would want to miss out on all the awesomeness that is the Creation Museum?

Not me.

For those of you living in the world of sin and unaware of the Creation Museum, here is a blurb from wikipedia:
The Creation Museum is a 70,000 square foot creationist museum in the United States designed to promote young Earth creationism. The museum presents an account of the origins of the universe, life, mankind, and man's early history according to a literal reading of the book of Genesis.

Its exhibits reject universal common descent, along with most other central tenets of evolution, and assert that the Earth and all of its life forms were created 6000 years ago over a six-day period. It particularly asserts that man and dinosaurs once coexisted. The museum exhibits are at odds with the vast majority of scientists who accept that the Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, and that the dinosaurs became extinct 65.5 million years before human beings arose.

The museum has generated criticism by the scientific community, several groups of educators, Christian groups opposed to young Earth creationism, and in the general press.

I guess this answers the question of what a crazy religious nutbag would do with $27 million dollars (because we all know helping the needy is out of the question).





(yes, that's two dinosaurs entering the ark two by freggin two.)

I hate the idea of giving these morons any money, but I still want to go really bad (never thought I'd say that about Kentucky). I also thought that bible amusement park looked pretty rad in the movie but Florida is way too far.

Kentucky's not too bad. Here's a map:



I think we could do it on a long weekend. It's about time I've seen more of the world anyways. (It's pretty sad the Utah is the furthest east I've been. lol) I'm excited to plan all the stupid things we could stop and see too.

Now I just need to find a job for some fundage. :)

2 comments:

  1. there is a museum! jebus! i guess there may be some fun in going to see it lol.

    The furthest east ive been is Bulgaria and the furthest west New York. Basically ive covered the 'west'. Need to expand on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to see Religulous for a while now. If you say it's good, I'll definitely be checking it out.

    And the Creation Museum looks fucking AWESOME. So much mind boggling stupidity in one place!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?