Monday, March 9, 2009

Police brutality never ceases to amaze me

I know I’m a week behind, but I just saw the video of the assault on a 15 year-old girl by Washington State Deputy Paul Schene.

The offensive happened on November, 29 of last year, but the video was released just last week.



According to the Huffington Post, Schene pleaded not guilty to fourth-degree assault in Superior Court on Thursday and claims that the video does not show the whole story.
Schene told investigators through an e-mail conversation with his lawyer that once he was assaulted by the girl kicking her shoe at him, he entered the cell to "prevent another assault," according to court documents. Schene also said that the girl failed to comply with instructions in the holding area.

Prosecutors said Schene did not explain why he struck the girl after he had her in a holding position on the floor.

I sorry but I don’t see how slamming a 15 year olds face into the wall, throwing her down by her hair, punching her twice in the back of the head, and then picking her up by her hair can be seen as appropriate force in trying to “prevent” another attack.

It makes me sick.

1 comment:

What's on your mind?