Saturday, March 14, 2009

O'Reilly, Voice of Reason?

I’m sure most of you have heard about the man, Michael McLendon, who killed ten people in Alabama before turning the gun on himself.

What you may not have known, was that he did so because of political correctness and his government not listening to him.

At least that’s what good ol' Glenn Beck thinks.


BECK: So, the shooting in Alabama.

O’REILLY: Yeah.

BECK: Did you hear how they described this guy? I mean, it was a typical, you know, “he was a loner. He was quiet. I didn’t know.” I mean, it was really…But what they really described, when they really got down into it, what they said was: “here’s a guy who felt that he had been wronged. He didn’t feel comfortable talking to anybody. He was disgruntled and everything else.” And then he went out and shot a bunch of people. As they were describing him — and they said, you’ve got to go, now more than ever, you’ve got to start talking to people. You have to start connecting with people because we’re going into hard times yada yada yada. As I’m listening to the description. First of all, this guy’s a psycho. Clearly, he’s a psycho.

O’REILLY: Right.

BECK: But as I’m listening to him. I’m thinking about the American people that feel disenfranchised right now. That feel like nobody’s hearing their voice. The government isn’t hearing their voice. Even if you call, they don’t listen to you on both sides. If you’re a conservative, you’re called a racist. You want to starve children.

O’REILLY: Sure.

BECK: Yada yada yada. And every time they do speak out, they’re shut down by political correctness. How do you not have those people turn into that guy?

O’REILLY: Well, look, nobody, even if they’re frustrated, is going to hurt another human being unless they’re mentally ill. I think.

BECK: I think pushed to the wall, you don’t think people get pushed to the wall?

O’REILLY: Nah, I don’t believe in this snap thing. I think that that kind of violence is inside you and it’s a personality disorder. But I do understand the frustration of people. But it’s called fighting the good fight. That’s what it’s called, fighting the good fight. You stand up for your belief system, you tell people what you believe, you take the slings and arrows — both you do, I do, we have to take it. But you fight. You fight for your country. You fight for your family. You fight for your dignity. And that’s it. And you don’t hurt other people in the process. You just fight the good fight.

I know these radio and t.v. talking heads will do anything they can to blame liberalism for every messed up thing in this country, but this is pathetic. (Newt Gingrich offered up the same word vomit after the Columbine and Virginia Tech shootings.)

You know you’re off your rocker when Bill O’Reilly is being the voice of reason in any conversation.

And besides that whole “fighting the good fight” crap that reminds me a little of the Nazis and crusading Christians, I agree with O’Reilly.

Never thought I’d say those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?