Friday, March 6, 2009

Flamin' Hot Funyuns

When I was in third grade my mom would send me down to the corner store with a note to pick up her cigarettes.

God people were crazy back then.

On one these tobacco pilgrimages, I remember picking up a bag of flamin' hot funyuns. That’s right, flamin' hot funyuns.

I tried to bring this up to my friends before, but no one had a clue what I was talking about or had any recollection of them at all.

I remember because they were horrible. I love funyuns and I love flamin' hot cheetos, but the flavors didn’t mesh at all. One bite was all hot flamingness and the aftertaste was all funyun.

Not good.

So imagine my surprise when I saw this bag in the grocery store.

Now that they’re back I feel completely vindicated that I didn’t just make up the horrible tasting experience.

I'm nervous to try them though. It has been over ten years, but some things flavor combinations just don't work.

Anyone try them yet?

Edit: I was right! I found other web pages talking about them only being available in 1994. Damn that makes me feel old for some reason.

3 comments:

  1. we dont have them over here so i will never know the delights of funyuns.

    Funyuns looks like a post verification word from blogger lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a verification word! lol

    I love regular funyuns. I can't believe they don't have them over there. I should smuggle you a bag. They're delicious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny i should see this but i was watching some Friends last night and Chandler was eating Funyuns!!! lol

    There is only one American sweet that i will ever love!! Jolly Ranchers!! Simlpy the best.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?