Monday, March 30, 2009

Daily Obsession - No Doubt

I love CDs.

I’m just not big on buying my music online a song at a time. It works for some people, but it’s just not my thing. I like to be able to actually hold my favorite music in my hand and go through piles of different artists.

Plus, I’m a sucker for the little booklet that comes in CD cases.

Since the music industry is trying to keep sales from dropping, they have had to bump up their game and most CDs now include a lot of extras. Like DVDs of live performances.

The downside is they take up a lot of room and it's easy for one to get lost in the pile.

(I also love records, but I don’t have anything to play them on so I’ve refrained from purchasing any.)

I don’t know about you guys, but I love when I forget about a CD that I used to listen to all the time.

Because it makes listening to it again a real treat.

That happened to me today.

While looking for something to listen to, I came across my No Doubt Tragic Kingdom CD.

I can’t even remember the last time I listened to it in its entirety and it brought back all these memories of being young and driving around with my friends because we had nothing better to do.

I just love it.

Sunday Morning:



Excuse Me Mr.:



And the song that made No doubt a household name.

Don't Speak:



Bathwater (not on TK but I love it immensely):



I can't help but think of summer when I listen to No Doubt (I'm the same way with Sublime).

And what girl didn't want to be Gwen Stafani? (Especially being married to Gavin Rossdale.)

Although I liked No Doubt's later work, nothing comes close to Tragic Kingdom in my book. Tragic Kingdom will always be the classic “No Doubt sound.”

I really hope they get back together.

3 comments:

  1. This album is sofa king fantastic.

    And I heard that they were planning to get back together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana again you remind me of me, im a sucker for CD's two, i like to own the physical thing with the art work and the booklet and what not. I also buy records two lots of them a mixture of old stuff and new. I think im going to start a tape collection.

    But i have to say in otherways we are very disimilar lol im not a fan of No Doubt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haworth: It works out perfect I think. We have enough in common to relate to one another, but enough differences to find each other interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?