Friday, March 6, 2009

Daily Obsession - Belle & Sebastian and The White Stripes

I’ve been listening to Belle and Sebastian all morning thanks to Haworth.

Haworth: I’m not a crazy stalker I promise. I just listened to your radio show (I seriously love it) this morning and you featured them. That kinda does make me sound a little like a stalker huh? Well, you’re welcome then...lol

I’m surprised I didn’t recognize them (they have two songs on the Juno soundtrack) but they seem to be one of those bands where you’ve heard a bunch of their music but you just don’t realize it’s them. It’s really unfortunate since they rock.

Funny Little Frog:



The State That I Am In:



They’re awesome. Look em up. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

And since all lines seem to run together, here are a few White Stripes songs I’m obsessing over today. (I know it's silly, but I LOVE how Jack took Meg White's surname.)

We’re Gonna Be Friends:



I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself:



I love this song but the video blows. Kate Moss? Seriously what were they thinking?

The first song I ever hear from The White Stripes was Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground and I fell in love instantaneously. I still get a major hard on when I hear the electric guitar opening.

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground:

3 comments:

  1. Alana i am obsessed with Belle and Sebastian they are the greatsest Scottish band ever!!

    i bow to there greatness, and to you as a fellow fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you said “Battle at the Bastion” because of your accent. lol

    I felt quite silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my accent!! lol I can see why you would miss hear that lol. I think i have quite a broad lancashire accent with a hint of scottish they are two dialects that shouldnt be mixed often.

    ps thanks for listening again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?