Saturday, March 21, 2009

Choking Hypocrisy

I am in the middle of finishing up all the painting in the living room today so I didn’t plan on posting, but after reading the comments Governor Palin made about President Obama’s Special Olympics remark, I feel the need.

In case you missed it, here’s what Obama said:



Bring out the peanut gallery!

From Anchorage Daily News:
Palin is mother of a child born with Down syndrome. She says this was a "degrading remark about our world's most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate says she hopes the comment does not reflect how the president truly feels about the special needs community.

First, just because you have special needs child doesn’t mean you’re a champion for special needs parents. Similar to how, for some god awful reason, not all women are feminists.

Second, President Obama apologized. End. Of. Story. He also put billions of dollars into his stimulus bill for special education. I'm not too surprised Mrs. Palin isn't aware of that since that would involve actually reading something, but I'm pretty sure that reflects how he "truly feels."

Third, I think the most pressing matter here is Governor Palin’s refusal to accept $172 million for Alaska schools, which about $74 million alone was designated for poor schools and special-needs kids.

Do I hear someone choking on their own hypocrisy?

People are going to criticize the President, even when he doesn't deserve it. I get that. That's politics.

But please take the time to at least fill the cracks in your own glass house before you start throwing stones.

1 comment:

  1. I love how she always conveniently and prominently displayed her trophy special needs child whenever she was campaigning. Makes me want to gag.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?