Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"God forbid he hit a bong"

I can’t believe people still freak out about a little pot smoking. As I’m sure you all know, Michael Phelps had a picture taken of him hitting a bong.

Photobucket

Yeah that is definitely a bong. Not even any bong. A fucking ROOR bong.

This article really pissed me off though:
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- South Carolina authorities in the county where Michael Phelps was spotted smoking from a marijuana bong say they are considering a criminal charge against the Olympic superstar.

Lt. Chris Cowan said Tuesday that Richland County sheriff's investigators are gathering more information about the photo, which showed the swimmer inhaling from a marijuana bong.

Cowan did not specify what charge was being considered and declined to discuss details of the investigation.

The photograph was first shown in a British tabloid Sunday. News of the World said the picture was taken during a November house party while Phelps was visiting the University of South Carolina.

Really? WTF is going on in the world? Even President Obama admitted to smoking weed.

I’m pretty sure the sheriff’s office doesn’t have a leg to stand on and every second they’ve wasted giving this situation thought is time away from solving really crimes and catching child molesters.

Stupid tight asses.

But I love what Ashton Kutcher had to say about it:
"God forbid he hit a bong," Kutcher Twittered about the incident on Monday. "Go ask your 20-year-old kid what they did last weekend.

"I'm not saying it was a smart move. But he doesn't need to be publicly outed for it," Kutcher went on.

The photo wound up in a British tabloid Sunday. Kutcher said, "Whoever put the pic out is an a**!"

While Kutcher said he hasn't smoked pot "in quite some time ... I'm not immune to a lapse in good judgment from time to time."

I totally agree!

I do have to admit, I kind of hate that he apologized. I know he HAD to, but I still wish people could just admit to smoking pot without fear of the public’s outrage.

This video from Hightimes is awesome:



As long as we can poison ourselves with alcohol and all different prescription drugs, I find it pathetic that people still go to prison for smoking weed.

4 comments:

  1. its all a bit mental, most poeple who have been to Uni or have just been young have tried weed!! I think the big deal is that he is one of America's greatest Olimpians and he is supposed to be a 'role-model' blah blah blah! But there is no need to string him up for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the big deal, either. Who cares? He didn't drink and drive, he didn't hurt anyone. Pot's no worse than alcohol or prescription drugs and those are legal. People need to lighten up a little and let "celebrities" be human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually respect Phelps more now that I know he smokes marijuana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what Elizabeth Hasselbeck said today about this non-event. She said, "The fact that his corporate sponsors are still backing him takes the wind out of any parents who wants to teach their kid not to do drugs." Ye olde "blame famous people for society's ills" Republican boilerplate. He's 23. He has a shitload of gold medals. He needs to relax after carrying them around all day.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?