Monday, February 2, 2009

Doesn't Obama have a 69% approval rating?

I caught the end of The View today and I’m glad I did.

I usually walk away from watching The View feeling perplexed, annoyed, and a little dirty, but every once and a while I catch something worth interest and am glad I have the courage to continually put my mental health at risk.

Today was such a day.

Today, the screeching banshees (a.k.a. the ladies of the panel) interviewed John Ziegler. I talked about John a little in a previous post when he interviewed Sarah Palin, but since his “documentary” is coming out in three weeks I’m sure we will be seeing a lot of John in the newt few weeks.



First off, I love when the ladies fight among them selves.

Second, I LOVE the quote that Whoopi brought up from Sarah Palin’s interview with Newsweek. The simple fact that John didn’t really respond to it shows that she hit the nail on the head.
Sarah Palin: Fair or unfair—and I do think that it's a more concentrated criticism that Hillary gets on so many fronts; I think that's unfortunate. But fair or unfair, I think she does herself a disservice to even mention it, really. You have to plow through that and know what you're getting into. I say this with all due respect to Hillary Clinton and to her experience and to her passion for changing the status quo. But when I hear a statement like that coming from a women candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or a sharper microscope put on her, I think, man, that doesn't do us any good. Women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country, I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or not fair it is there. I think it's reality and it's a given, people just accept that she's going to be under a sharper microscope. So be it. Work harder, prove to yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate. That's what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit to hear her bring that attention to herself on that level.

I completely agree with Sarah Palin here (never thought I would have to admit to something like that). I think people do have to accept that the media is going to put candidates under the microscope, and to cry foul when it’s not going your way is just immature and pathetic.

The double standard between conservative’s views on sex and marriage vs. Sarah Palin’s pregnant daughter never ceases to amaze me.

I could go on about this interview, but it pretty much comes down to the fact that the poll Ziegler used is considered misleading and biased. Here is a great article about the poll he used and why it’s flawed.

I am looking forward to see what people have to say when his film finally comes out. I have a feeling we're in for some good times, especially since Obama has such a high approval rating right now.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I like the "fucktard" tag on this post.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?