Saturday, January 24, 2009

Work is the curse of the middle class

I hate looking for work. Finding a job is practically a full time job in its self.

I posted my resume on Craigslist and I’ve gotten a ton of emails that sound like scams. Listen to this:
Can you work as a mail dispatcher? I own a small shipping business and I tend to operate a high cost of operation and I want to cut down my expenses…blah blah blah…for example, the cost of sending each mail is $36.00 by UPS and we want to send out 100 mails, that would be $3,600 which is to costly but we have a solution whereby, we ship the whole 100 mails in one package at the rate of $600 to you in your state and when you get it, you will open it and send the mail individually through USPS which will be $7 to $10 each and you can see the we will have a savings, $600 for bulk shipping plus $10 times 100 making $1,600, you can see we have saved $2,000, so please I need you to work for me on a part-time basis, and you will be paid $1,600 every month. You will be provided with funds to dispatch the mails upfront, you will be provided with up to $800 to $3,400 as a running fund for dispatching the mails. I want to assure you that you will never use your own money for any expenses and you are not require to buy anything to begin the job, it is a straight forward job opportunity.

Yeah right.

This blows. I really need to get a job in the next week or two since Ryan’s work has been hit hard by the economy and they are laying everyone off for one week a month. I’m not exactly sure who thought this was a good idea, but that’s pretty much how the retards in charge work.

Too bad this isn’t like the old days where I could be a kept woman by giving out some hand jobs (although syphilis sounds like a bitch). At least I could wear those bad ass dresses though. And have other people clean my house. I don't think I could handle the lice though...

Oops, I’m totally getting off track…

Photobucket

I did have someone email me for a nanny position while he’s in Utah for a work retreat or some crap. That might have potential, depending on the details. I’m not sure though, I kind of hate kids.

I’m lying, I really hate them.

I can barely tolerate my own kid half the time. Working in day care was a daily fight to regain my will to live and not throw myself into oncoming traffic.

So we’ll see.

Wow this post sucks. I apologize for you having to read it. lol

4 comments:

  1. I find children to be a welcome break from the self-important asses I deal with on a daily basis. I am also bone-weary of not being able to get into a group of 3 or more adults without someone making what he or she considers a "cute" remark that has sexual innuendo in it. Gosh! You mean you like SEX?!? Wow, you are quite the racy one, aren't you?

    I also like my dog. Something to eat and the daily ride in the car, and he's the best friend I ever had. No backstabbing, no cattiness, no tiresome "cute" remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m afraid you probably wouldn’t like me much then. I’m a huge perv and tend to make inappropriate comments at inappropriate times.

    I also hate my dog. He’s a complete bastard and doesn’t compare to my friends. I adore my friends. In fact, I won’t call anyone my friend unless I love them, so I don’t tend to have any pettiness or drama from the ones that make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I’m not sure though, I kind of hate kids. I’m lying, I really hate them. I can barely tolerate my own kid half the time."

    I love you. Here I thought I was the only young woman who disliked kids. :) But seriously, I get a lot of these probably fake job offers, too. I could probably deal with a kid or two if I was being paid handsomely, but yeah, even then probably not. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. People always think I'm joking when I tell them my mental sanity (at least what's left of it) couldn't handle me having another kid. lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?