Monday, January 12, 2009

The Plumber Has Landed

So there is pretty much nothing to talk about.

I’ve just been pissing myself off by rummiging through the crap considered news by conservative and religious blogs. So here is just a roundup of random crud I found interresting.

1. Here is the video of Bush saying he authorized torture.



Obama’s comments about looking forward really bothers me. I believe that prosecuting those who participated in war crimes will really help show the world that we are closing the Bush chapter, plus it would make me feel better. It doesn’t make any sense that Martha Stewart goes to prison for insider trading, but humanitarian rights are trashed to hell and we just ignore it.

I also want to add this video about O'Reilly trying to convince the mindless drones who watch Fox that torture is necessary for the safety of our country.



2. Joe the Plumber has gone to Israel.

The Jerusalem Post reported on his new gig:

Samuel Wurzelbacher of Ohio, aka Joe the Plumber, arrived in Sderot at noon Sunday to show local and foreign reporters how to do it right.

"You should be patriotic, protect your family and children, not report like you have been doing for the past two weeks since this war has started," he said.

Wurzelbacher, the man who stole the limelight from Republican presidential candidate John McCain during the American election campaign, has found a new job - as a correspondent for the Internet Web sites PJTV and Pajamas Media.

Armed with a camera and a temporary Government Press Office card, he got a taste of reality in Sderot, visiting a house hit by a Kassam rocket two weeks ago and experiencing a "Code Red" alert first-hand.

...He also wondered why Israel waited so long to act. "I know if I were a citizen here, I'd be damned upset." He described himself as a "peaceloving man," but added, "when someone hits me, I'm going to unload on the boy. And if the rest of the world doesn't understand that, then I'm sorry."

...In Sderot, he seemed just as intent on teaching a thing or two to the media. "Do you think this is normal, the way you cover this conflict and give away information to your enemy?"
he asked the journalists that gathered around him.

"It makes me sick to see the way you behave - you guys need to be protective of your homes, your children, your family."

"I am angry," he said, "and this is why I came here."

It's too bad Joe wasn't available in 2006-2007 to send to Iraq and straighten out the liberal reporters working there.


Um...wow...just wow...You should have seen the comments of love for this guy on a site I was on too. It made me ashamed to share this half of the planet with such morons.

3. Here is also a video of the fatal shooting of Oscar Grant by a Bay Area Rapid Transit police officer. I have no idea why the officer drew his gun in the first place or shot Oscar in the back, without any warnings while he was handcuffed.



You hear the gun shot at 1:27. It’s unbelievable stuff like this still happens.

So that's it. I know its not much and hopefully something worth bitching about will present itself.

I'm off to scrapbook. lol

2 comments:

  1. "Tools?" Is that what we're calling torture now? And that O'Reilly/Rove interview makes me ill. Like the Young Turk guy said, it's the exact opposite response these fools had to 9/11.

    And Obama better not wimp out on investigating these guys. I seriously doubt waterboarding has saved any American lives. The only real terrorist plot that's been broken up under Bush was that one a few years ago where those guys in the UK were talking about blowing up planes traveling from London to the U.S., and even that was found out by the British police doing good ole-fashioned police work; not torturing. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree.

    honestly, even if torture did work, which it doesn't, I still would rather give up that measure of "safety" than be part of the excuse for such behavior.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?