Monday, January 5, 2009

Interesting turn of events...

I just got off the phone with my previous boss, the one who fired me through a note, and I’m actually glad. I think we both said things we wanted to say and, for me at least, can begin to move past it.

Turns out she reads my blog. Definitely not something you want to find out. I have no idea when she started or if it’s a regular thing, but it’s more likely that one of the few people who knows about it at work showed her my post about being fired.

She told me that it hurt her feelings to read what I wrote and made it clear she was upset that I wrote it.

Welcome to the glorious internet.

I wasn't trying to hurt her feelings. In fact the possibility that she could ever read my blog never even crossed my mine (if it did it was like a freggin ninja). Even so, I can't help but be a little glad it hurt her feelings. Not in some petty vindictive way, just that her being upset is what made her reach out to talk to me. Even if deep down it was only to be able to voice her own hurt over the situation, (which I don’t believe) I still got to say mine.

I did explain that I was venting and she explained that the note wasn’t supposed to happen that way. She had wanted to talk to me in person with the note as a written statement to put in my file.

Communication problems? At the rec center? I can scarcely believe it.

There's really not too much else to say. I did walk away from this conversation feeling better and made sure not to apologize for anything I wrote. My only concern is the hesitation she gave before agreeing that I deserved a good reference.

I hope that doesn’t come back to bite me in the ass…

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! That's a little awkward but I'm glad to hear she wasn't too pissed about what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she kind of was but I pointed out that's the beauty of the internet. lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?