Saturday, January 31, 2009

Armey Sexism

I think a lot of people look for sexism and racism in their every day lives therefore creating it to a certain extent.

That being said, I actually thought these comments by Dick Armey were completely inappropriate:



It’s just sad that because he has no valid argument he has to resort to sexism.

I think the reason I’m always so flabbergasted when blatantly sexist or racist things are said is because I find it so surprising that this type of thinking still exists today. I know its a little naïve, but I feel like we should have moved past these types of comments by now.

Photobucket

That’s why I don’t understand the conservative ideology. To me it’s just stagnation with no room for growth or change and when you’re resistant to all change, you‘re also resisting changes for the better.

At least I can look at pictures like the one below and know that things will get better.

Pic of former President Bush signing the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 and President Obama signing the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009:
Photobucket

What a difference an administration makes.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless the Young Turks!

    Armey is well out on line with his comments. The newspapers over here would have torn him to bits for that kind of comment.

    Its like Cenk says they have nothing to say, they know its there fault so there resorting to crap like that.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?