Monday, December 15, 2008

Weapons of Mass Humiliation

I am sure everyone has seen this a million times already, but it warms my heart. I love that George Bush had shoes thrown at him. It's like my personal sun beam on the Santa’s ass of frozen misery known as Utah.

"This is a farewell kiss, you dog," Muntader al-Zaidi yelled in Arabic as he threw his shoes. "This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."



A lot of people don’t realize that in Arab culture it's considered rude even to display the sole of one's shoe to a fellow human being since shoes are considered ritually unclean in the Muslim faith, so the shoe throwing was mainly symbolic.

Muntader al-Zaidi is already a hero in Iraq, and beyond. He was even given a an award for courage. That pretty much says it all.

Well, that and the fact the secret service allowed him to throw the second shoe before rushing out.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that footage warmed my heart, too. All I could think of was, "Damn. I wish Bush wouldn't have ducked." I would have loved to see that man with a shoeprint on his forehead. And the Iraqi journalist who did it deserves a Pulizter for that work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, your youtube link video got commandeered by the associated press. pst, like a million bizzilion people haven't already seen it!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?