Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm Back Bitches

I finally got home from San Diego last night. The trip was fun but definitely tiring. We managed to see about three different friends/family members a day. Considering most of that was spent eating, I’m surprised we were able to fit my ass in the car.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, I came home only to find out I had been fired. That’s right, FIRED. Even though I’m not as upset as I would think, I am peeved at the way it was handled.

I was fired through a note. That’s right, my boss didn’t even have the human decency to actually call me herself. Instead I have to find out through a Dear John letter. And the excuse I was given... “immodest attire.”

WTF?

That was the best they could come up with? I shouldn’t be so surprised considering their employee management is all but nonexistent, but I can’t help but feel cheated. Honestly, I could come up with plenty of better reasons why I could have been fired. Like stealing small office supplies.

This from a company that didn’t fire an employee after leaving the building unlocked over night and then just “forgetting” to come in for their opening shift the next day, inadvertently forcing the cops to show up when a random patron called them from one of our office phones. Or what about the employee that brought up false sexual harassment charges, forcing the entire staff to be investigated? (She ended up quitting without any notice, only to be rehired last month.)

Good job Taylorsville Recreation. Way to set the bar.

I really want to make a fuss, but I know that things like this always work out. And when bottom falls out leaving them with nothing but the unreliable staff they’ve cultivated, I only hope I’m there to see it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Happy fucking New Year, indeed! That really sucks. But now you can join me and millions of others in the hunt for employment. Fun fun fun!

    If it's any consolation, I was in a sort of a similar situation with my last job. I keep getting shit about not following some dumb policy and the last time I told my boss to lay off, she, uh, laid me off. Haha. Except she did it in the most passive-aggressive way possible: she cleaned my desk off before I got in and had someone else walk me to the fucking door of the building, like I was a criminal. Of course, I hated my job so it was no biggie. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks. that's how I felt by the way she asked for their keys back. lol

    I was planning on quitting but it still irks me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a load of crap, and they didn't even have the decancy to confront you personally.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?