Friday, November 14, 2008

Lord of the Silver Bow

I just finished reading Lord of the Silver Bow (first of the Troy Trilogy), by David Gemmell, and it was pretty amazing. I thought the look at ancient Greece was refreshing and completely different from what I’m used to. The writing style actually reminded me a lot of the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin in the way it’s told from various character points of view (plus, it’s laden with the same type of war, betrayal, and strange gods.) Since I LOVE Martin, this book was just up my alley.

The story follows Helikaon, a sailor, warrior and possible King as he deals with love, death, loss and gain. Odysseus is a homely character that tells impossible stories but see the world with insightful clarity. I’m not going to get into any more than that, but there is more detail information here.

Definitely worth a trip to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?