Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Freggin Brilliant

I LOVE Banksy. He is a British graffiti artist. His messages are usually anti-war, anti-capitalist or anti-establishment. He is pretty much just kick asstic. (This happened in 2006 but I just learned about it. I thought it was brilliant and wanted to share.)

Photobucket

Banksy replaced Hilton's CD with his own remixes and given them titles such as Why am I Famous?, What Have I Done? and What Am I For?

Photobucket

He has also changed pictures of her on the CD sleeve to show the US socialite topless and with a dog's head.

Photobucket

A spokeswoman for Banksy said he had doctored 500 copies of her debut album Paris in 48 record shops across the UK.

Photobucket


She told the BBC News website: "He switched the CDs in store, so he took the old ones out and put his version in." But he left the original barcode so people could buy the CD without realizing it had been interfered with.

Photobucket

My favorite part of this whole thing, "No customers had complained or returned a doctored version." HA!

Photobucket

I have TONS of picture to share but until then, his website is on the right. Check it out...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm officially stalking you now. I think I love you.
    I ADORE geeks. When I was single, my friends would take me out to clubs. I'd immediately pick out the guy with glasses sitting in the corner... lol
    No such luck for a punk chick, really. I think I scare them. ;)
    And the Hilton pics with commentary. YES!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?