Saturday, November 1, 2008

Can you spell R.E.T.A.R.D....?

Right off the bat I have to say I am seriously pissed at myself. I painted a picture I seriously loved and it was pointed out to me by someone who wanted to show off their total awesome spelling skills (jerk) that I fudged up a few things. Ok…ok, I’ll admit I was actually glad this happened with friends and not strangers. Even though I was embarrassed I would have been MORTIFIED if it was with someone who didn’t know I am actually NOT an idiot.

Most of the time.

I spelt “afraid” wrong, twice actually so at least I’m consistent, and then I left out the “e” in “falsehood.” Now that one was a total fluke because of the way I had to keep using the same letters over and over. Needless to say, I made the whole thing twice as hard as it should have been and then dropped the ball. I just can’t understand what I was thinking because it is so obviously wrong when you look at closely.

Photobucket

Am I going to let this get me down? Of course not. Ok, well maybe a little. I just have to keep reminding myself that it happens to even the best of us (obviously). I could have fixed the spelling mistake but there is no way I can add an extra letter in so I am going to have to just cover it up. Fortunately, I have been on a craze and have the perfect idea already lined up. I have also decided to redo the original one. I’m not sure when, but I really liked it and think it’s worth the effort.

But at least this one came out fine.

Photobucket
I can’t help but wonder why I wanted to admit this to everyone, but it is kind of freeing to tell the world “Yup, I fucked up” and then shrug of the self criticism.

2 comments:

  1. you have some great works here too!, thanks for your kind words on my blog by the way ( http://wastedlola.blogspot.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to have stumbled upon your blog. I am in Utah too, in Ogden. I like your art but ferrets freak me out, so weasely. Yours is cute though.
    Feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think.
    Kenzie
    www.foxfirekenzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?