Tuesday, October 21, 2008

(No) Sense and sensibility

Inspiration is a selfish bitch…that’s right, I said it. I am sitting at work trying to think of something worth writing and, of course, am drawing a complete blank. Figures the only time I get rare glimpses of brilliancy is when I am trying to sleep or am in the middle of some other mundane but necessary task like vacuuming.

All I can think about is this website I visited today. It is a blog written by a freggin amazingly talented woman named Heather Armstrong. She had posted an entry about two women who had near death experiences that ultimately resulted in abortion and their take on why McCain is wrong to dismiss all abortions.

I don’t think it needs to be said that people FREAKED that liberal baby killing propaganda was being shoved down their throats. One comment in particular really bugged me...

“How very "courageous" of you to dive into politics at the risk of alienating about 39% of your readership. You saved me from tuning in on other facets of the liberal media…I think you are a uniquely talented and creative writer--but I'd rather not hear about your politics.”

Does anyone else want to claw someone’s eyes out?

I guess it just comes down to whether you agree with freedom of speech or you don’t (and if you don’t believe in it for the people you disagree with, then you don’t believe in it at all). I have never understood why people make the choice to go to someone’s personal website and then bitch about their offended sensibilities.

Anyone can comment about politics. And yes, even though it is annoying as all hell when someone like Paris Hilton tries to bring up political points, the repercussions of not allowing her that right would be too devastating for all of us to change things.

So here is fair warning to anyone who might need it: I don’t give a crap if you don’t want to hear what I have to say because I am going to say it anyways. (Just ask my mother.)

But don’t worry, I may have the freedom to clog the internet up with random rants and bullshit, but you also have the freedom not to read it.

1 comment:

  1. Good Points. There are few thing I hate more than when people go out of their way to make it known that something offends them....

    That being said; I'm offended by your "opinions" and am never returning to this blog...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?