Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Ain’t no happiness nowhere..."

What is the big deal about being single? It’s like there is a conspiracy to try and convince us being single is awesome. Well, it’s NOT. The real problem is we tend to forget how much it actually sucks until once again we are trying to wade through the mating bullshit and try to find a person who doesn’t bore us to tears. And yes, taking a break after a long relationship can be fulfilling, but after all the emotional residue is scrubbed off I can’t help but be left with the feeling that I need to meet someone new. So instead of actually enjoying being single, we are in the constant rat race of looking for our new Mr. Right. I can’t help but wonder why we even delude ourselves into thinking this is remotely satisfying. So I am proud to say I am NOT single and am in a much more satisfying partnership then I was with my club clothes and drunken one night stands.
Another thing that is completely overrated: first kisses. Don’t get me wrong, it can be a great experience but overall it’s pretty mediocre. After the first moment of excitement it turns into any other kiss, good and the not so good. I don’t know what the numbers are for most people, but for me the not so good (to outright freggin horrible) vastly outnumber the amazing. I am pretty sure I will always prefer a kiss from someone who has already gone through the grooming process and knows what I like then from some random jack ass that has somehow gotten through my douche bag alarms.


Honestly though, Chris Rock said it best, “Married and bored, single and lonely. Ain’t no happiness nowhere.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?